11.28.2013

Thanksgiving Today and Everyday



The turkey, after a long day of being washed, seasoned and roasted, was carved and devoured. Such a short but sweet life. Literally. The stuffing, mashed potatoes and grape leaves have all found a place in the refrigerator for either later or for tomorrow’s lunch. The sweet potato pie and cheesecake have all left an impression on the takers. And maybe a couple of pounds.

What a day! At first, we thought that my sister and her extended family were not going to make it because of mother nature’s wrath. But how unpredictable she is—mother nature that is. To my surprise and to my sister’s surprise, the weather was absolutely GORGEOUS today. Very happy they came and looking forward to Christmas with them and my brother and his family.

The house is starting to get a little colder because all the warm bodies have left.
So many blessings given from above. So lucky to have a loving husband. So thankful for my boys. So honored to have amazing parents who constantly surprise me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Best,
H.

No comments:

Post a Comment