4.13.2014

Palm Sunday Patterns

What a beautiful day to celebrate Palm Sunday or what we refer to in the Coptic Church as the Lord's entry into Jerusalem. Palm Sunday is one of the seven major feasts that the church celebrates. Beautiful from start to end.

Today was extra special because my sister and her family (sans brother-in-law who is on-call) came to celebrate with us. When I saw my nephew I told him that I had to take some pictures with him. The color of his sweater is so cheerful and perfect for a day like today. Surprisingly, he didn't react and say things like, "Are you kidding me? You want me to be IN your blog?" or "Heidi, I'm not really into that kind of stuff?" or "What kind of teenager do you think I am?" Nope, none of that. Instead he easily said, "Sure." Such a sweetheart. So, my 14 year-old snapped some shots of the both of us.

Yes, I took my camera to church. Everyone takes their camera to church on a feast day. Why? To take pictures of the procession of the cross; to get some innocent shots of toddlers waving palms and accidentally poking the eyes of people to their right and left; to capture a packed house (relatively speaking) which is very representative of feast days.

Hope you had a blessed Palm Sunday and ready to start Holy Week.

Best,

H.

Blazer: jcp, old. Find similar here.
Shirt: Ralph Lauren. Find similar here.
Necklace: groopdealz
Earrings: Sabika. Find here.

Bracelets on left wrist: groopdealz
Watch: Michael Kors
Bracelet on right wrist: Gift from my friend
Purse: B. Makowsky. Find similar here.
Shoes: Tommy Hilfiger. Find on 6 p.m. com. here
Skirt: Grace Elements

In the church yard.

Love all these colors.
Don't mind the dumpster in the background. 
Look how cute and stylish my nephew looks!

Here is his look:

Sweater: Tommy Hilfiger. Find similar here.
Khakis: American Eagle. Find here.
Shoes: Clarks Desert Boot in Beeswax leather. Find here.
Glasses: Ray-Ban Clubmaster Frames. Find similar here.


No comments:

Post a Comment