4.28.2014

Flings, Pop-Ups and Family

I've been M.I.A. since last Monday and all for good reason...crazy busy. 24 hours isn't enough! Not nearly enough!

And neglecting this blog isn't something I want to do; mainly because it provides me with so much self-gratification and reflection.

I went to a jewelry "fling" on Friday, and the hostess surprised all her guests with some designer goodies...Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome and Lilly Pulitzer just to name a few. Jewelry, make-up and make-up accessories, what could be better? The jewelry is great but adding make-up to the deal (mixed with some white wine) is definitely better.

And as another added bonus, I met new ladies with the same passions (addictions), and rediscovered ladies I knew but never really had an opportunity to chat with. My conclusion: we are all cut from the same cloth...the one that is bedazzled and sometimes runs a size smaller than what we want, but we rock it anyway!

I hosted my first pop-up for chloeandisabel on Saturday. I had such a great time with all the ladies who came. When the jewelry is nice, it sells itself. You can tell a lot about a woman by the type of jewelry (if any) she wears. This is preliminary research; when I've formulated a thesis, I'll be sure to share with you. And I may ask you to be part of my field study.

Sunday, of course, was spent with the family, as it should be. It's a sad state of affairs, when all you got is a couple of hours on a Sunday to spend with the family, but this is the brutal reality of working for a living, or as Huey once said (I think circa '82 ), "I'm taking what they giving 'cause I'm working for a livin'." Smart man. 

I hope you have a productive week.

Best,

H.


Scenes from Friday

I guess you can tell which goodie I chose.

Scenes from Saturday. Multi-strand Torsade. Find here.  In the background, the multi-chain bib necklace, find here and the pearl and crystal drops long necklace. Find here.

This is the gorgeous pearl and spike drama necklace. Find  here. I wore this piece today mixed with one of my Sabika crosses. Find the look here. This is becoming to be one of my go-to pieces.




Scenes from Sunday








No comments:

Post a Comment