1.15.2014

Blue & Green Tartan Plaid

Happy Wednesday! One of the sites I follow on instagram is Baublebar, mainly because their jewelry is absolutely gorgeous! They posted, "After Tuesday, even the calendar goes WTF." I never heard that before and thought it was clever.

Today I was working both jobs (without any time to change in-between), so I had to dress accordingly. I don't usually wear large patterns because they make me look larger. And I don't normally wear plaid or at least plaid on the southern hemisphere of my body. I don't like the way it looks on me, like this Burberry pair from BlueFly (sold out anyway...and way out of my price range). But this pair from the Joe Fresh (on sale for less than $15!) fit right and the blue & green plaid is very forgiving. 

I was able to transform this outfit from non-profit office casual to vet hospital (animal friendly) appropriate. I got a lot of compliments on this outfit from the staff at the vet hospital. I even had a couple technicians ask me where I got my necklace, and I had to divulge my secret, groopdealz. I almost took off my necklace (way too flashy for a place outfitted with scrubs and clogs) before starting my day there, but I thought twice. I couldn't get myself to take it off with only 3 hours around on my neck. So I took a risk. I know, serious stuff. One of the techs asked if it was too heavy on my neck (they know I complain of neck pain), and I said, "Yeah, kind of, but that's okay." Silence. They'll get used to my neck pain, sarcasm, and sarcasm ABOUT my neck pain like my friends at the nonprofit. It'll take time. Hey, maybe my addiction will rub off on them.

Do you sometimes put things on even if they are painful but make you feel so good?

Best,

H. 

You can't really see the pant pattern from this picture, but you can see my beautiful Brighton cuff (which I wear A LOT).


Interesting angle I know.


Here the pant pattern is more visible.

Shoes: Bandolino Heel Loafers, old. Find similar here

 

Watch: Micheal Kors; Bracelet: Groopdealz

Jacket: TJMaxx, last year; Shirt: Jones New York find similar hereNecklace: Groopdealz. Find similar (more expensive) here



No comments:

Post a Comment