1.19.2014

"Gingham" Style

No church today because yesterday was the Feast of the Holy Epiphany, and we had mass. What does this mean? This feast commemorates the baptism of Christ. By His incarnation He became a true man while still being the only-begotten Son of God. Therefore, as Coptic Christians, we celebrate Christ's manifestation to the world.

So instead of going to church this morning, I actually made a a sit-down breakfast for the family. I don't know about you, but our sit-down meals usually take anywhere between 7 to 10 minutes. And if we really enjoy the meal and the conversation, that time increases to a whopping 15 to 20 minutes. This is the problem: it takes longer to prepare the meal, than it does to consume it. 

I spent the rest of the day getting some work (housework and real work) done, visiting my parents and helping my son with his social studies project. These activities required that I get out of my pj's. Now there's a thought:  I have not lounged in my pj's since 1993! That was a great year. 


Hope you had a relaxing Sunday!


Best,


H.


So, the photographer (my husband) did not want to take pictures today; mainly because it was deathly cold outside (and he thinks that I should be spending my time with more productive tasks). But he was being  a good sport, and I did not want to push my luck. I was hysterically laughing because he asked me if I wanted my face in the picture. Really?


I think he did a good job capturing the purse and booties. I did not dare ask him to take another. That will have to wait for another day.


Wrap around Cross ring



Letter B

These B. Makowsky booties are not only warm but very comfortable. And as an added bonus, they look good dressed up or with jeans. Can you see the imprint of the "B" in the snow? 



Here's the look:

Shirt: J. Crew Factory. Find similar here
Sweater: Very old.
Purse: Michael Kors
Jeans: American Eagle jeggings. Find similar here.
Watch: Michael Kors
Booties: B. Makowsky. Find similar here.


No comments:

Post a Comment