1.04.2014

Gorgeous Enough to Eat

Jewelry designers have to find inspiration in food. How could they not? The possibilities are endless. For me, certain foods inspire me (or remind me to dig them out of somewhere) to wear certain pieces or seek pieces that match the foods I'm craving. To each his own; some people like to match accessories (shoes, purses, people { *wink, wink*}, etc.) with what they'll be wearing; I like to match accessories to what I'll be eating. Crazy, right? 

How could you ever go wrong with eating grapes? Light, sexy, refreshing, portable, and produce the best thing (okay, almost the best thing...first place is reserved to coffee) on this planet: wine. 

Equally delightful and can be paired beautifully with grapes are nuts. It seems as if we always have nuts (no, not the kids and the dog) in the house. Cashews, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts and pecans. Maybe that's because we're constantly seeking protein on the go. 

And what do you do when you have too many nuts, especially around the holiday season? You make granola. Yeah, YOU make granola, not I. I don't have time to make it, but I can find the time to buy it.  I recently picked up a box from Sam's club, called Kimberley's Granola (find here). I don't know who she is or if she even exists, but she makes great granola. Thanks Kimberley!  And if you know me, you know I don't flaunt around town in flannel or pour on the patchouli (I stopped doing that around my second year of college). But I love granola for its texture and its ability to satisfy the sweet & salty cravings that I get once in a while.

These pieces were inspired by grapes, nuts and granola...gorgeous enough to eat. 

Where do you find your inspiration?

Best,

H.


This ring was less than $10. It's a Kendra Scott Kennedy inspired piece.

You can find the original here

These Brighton earrings (old) are the size of a walnut. They look good with both silver and gold tones.


This choker was a groopdealz find. It just reminds me of granola, all grown up. 

2 comments: