5.10.2014

Soccer, Staff Meeting and Shopping

So much for the sleeping til 8 a.m. (I know, for some of you this wouldn't be considered "sleeping in") on a Saturday. But we had to be out on the soccer field by 8:30 a.m. Well, technically, my 11-year-old son had to be on the field while I could have remained in bed. But that would have given me the distinction of bad mom, or worse yet, worst soccer mom of the year and undeserving of the SUV I drive. For some reason, the game seemed longer than usual today...longer than AYSO's regulation time. But in the end, the score was 3-3. Perfect for AYSO!

After the early morning wake-up call, I headed to the animal hospital for our monthly Saturday staff meeting. Sometimes, I feel like I am a broken record when it comes to reminding staff about on-hold calls and wait time, and making sure that emails are accurate...one extra space or character may result in a client not getting his/her information. I also had the staff take a 5-minute personality quiz. Basically, the results of the test (super unofficial and definitely not endorsed by ANY psychologist) characterize the test taker as either a lion (take charge), otter (talkative), golden retriever (people pleaser) or beaver (slow, perfectionist). Even though it's a silly, little test, the staff thought that their results were on target. I came out a lion.

Even though Mother's Day came last week in my home, I still had to get my mom a gift. My mom has been very supportive of everything I have done...even though she may be cynical at times, she is still supportive. She will definitely love what my boys and I picked out for her. I will share with you soon.

Mother's Day gift for mom? Check! 

While we were out, I made a quick trip to jcp (so unnecessary and impulsive) to see what kind of bargains they had on a Saturday. Here is what I picked up. 






Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Best,

H.

No comments:

Post a Comment