2.10.2014

Gray and The Governor

It's not every day that your boss comes in and says, "Who wants to come with me to meet the governor?"  Um, the governor? "Yeah, the governor." But why should that surprise me when I've also been invited to join her in prison? Trust me. It's all legal. 

Even though I was planning for a busy day, I didn't want to miss seeing the governor and the secretary of education. The purpose of the governor's visit was to award a local school district the "Governor's Award for Excellence in Academics." A great accomplishment. And even greater that our organization was invited to celebrate with the school this accomplishment. 

So, it was definitely serendipitous that I wore gray for our Republican governor. I wonder if he noticed. I definitely noticed that his shoes were super shiny. To me they looked like Cole Haan wing oxfords. I just should have asked him, "Governor Corbett, I know that you get a lot of questions about your budget cuts in education and administrators and teachers across this great state are frustrated, but seriously speaking, what inspired your suit&tie/shoe combo today?" 

But I must confess. I was more intrigued by the secret service men than the governor. I know. Awful. But the truth. 

Hope you had a great Monday!

Best,

H.

I LOVE groopdealz! I have this necklace in gray and mint.


Brighton cuff bracelet. 


This cami is 100% Egyptian cotton not from China but from Egypt. My mother-in-law always gets me a few when she visits. Love, love my Egyptian camis. 


Dress: Donna Ricco sweater dress. Find similar here.
Jacket: Ruby Rd. Boiled Wool Swing Jacket. Find similar here

Still wearing tights= still obscenely cold.

 

Silpada leaf earrings. Find here. 


Love these earrings. Picked them up at a conference a couple of years ago.


Stripes up and down.


No comments:

Post a Comment