12.03.2013

Terrific Tuesday

Terrible Tuesday wasn't so terrible. To my surprise, as far a work is concerned, it ended up being somewhat terrific. And as far as fashion is concerned it was a trendy day.

Living in Western Pennsylvania sometimes does not allow for easy access to fashionable items. In fact, it often times creates somewhat of a wardrobe challenge. But this is why you have to tap your resources (thrift stores, boutiques, friends...) or find inspiration on Pinterest.  Thank God for Pinterest!  But whatever you do, you have to WANT to do it. It's not easy; it takes time; it takes planning. Yes, I plan what I want to wear, including accessories, the night before. I can't take any chances in the morning. Mornings are for getting lunches packed, clothes ironed (not mine, they're done the night before) and last minute spelling test cram sessions. I have heard of other people who plan outfits the night before. I admire those people.  I can't imagine what I would do if I had to put together a spontaneous outfit--that would be so stressful.  I would rather keep spontaneity to lunch dates, weekend trips or unexpected gestures of appreciation. 

I told someone at work yesterday that the only good thing about the work day was that I got to wear my crystal necklace (the one in yesterday's post). I am not sure, not absolutely positive, but I think I saw an eye roll. And not in the good way (if there could ever be a good way). The roll was more in the manner of "You must be the most shallow person in this office. But I will laugh anyway." And guess what? Their supposed sentiments do not offend me. 

These ladies below are definitely not wardrobe challenged or make any excuses for living in Western Pennsylvania. Quite the opposite because they always use their resources and look great doing so! I had to take pictures and share today. You'll have to excuse the quality and orientation of the photos. My iphone was the one that was challenged today.


Angela is wearing a striped jersey dress from the Joe Fresh collection from jcp.com (similar:find here). Vest::Wilson Leather, Boots::TMPO stretch, Necklace::3 row bubble necklace from Groopdealz (sold out).

                                
You can't tell in this picture but Leah's dress (from Chadwicks of Boston) is a beautiful shade of green. Shoes:: Sacha London, Earrings:: Sabika, Mega Drops (similar found here), Necklace:: Stella & Dot, Daisy Pearl Necklace (found here).



No comments:

Post a Comment