12.16.2013

The Dark Side

I have done the unthinkable! Something that I promised myself I would never do. Something that would have me turning up my nose in disappointment. Something that would make my consultant cut me off!  Yes, I have gone to the dark side and purchased a FAKE! There I said it. It is out. I purchased a fake...willingly... and I like it. No, I love it. 

I am not one to get in a van to get a fake Coach from a questionable guy in a dark alley in downtown (plug in any metropolitan city here). Don't get me wrong. If this is what you want to do, more power to you. Good luck getting that fake Coach that disintegrates the minute you go back home to (plug in any suburb here)

But today, I did not get in a van to meet a questionable guy in an alley. Or buy a Coach. Instead, I walked right into a local consignment store and bought fake Sabika earrings. And let me tell you, I can't tell the difference between them and the real thing. But again, I am not a Sabika connoisseur and quite the novice when it does come to Sabika, but these earrings look so much like the real thing...at 1/4 the price.

One thing that I am disappointed about is that Sabika earrings do not have the engraved heart on the back of them like the little charms (pictured below) do. Maybe if Sabika were to have the heart etched on the back of the earrings, this would deter people (who do want authentic Sabika) from purchasing a fake. The size is identical, the facets are identical, the clasp is identical...again, to this naked, novice eye. I'll let you know how my lobes react in a couple of days. 

But let me stop for a minute. If you look at the Sabika catalog here, it states that authentic Sabika earrings have the Sabika signature. Mine do not. None of mine do. And I purchased them from a consultant. To be continued...


Tell me what you think? Can you spot the fake one? These are the mega drops.





















No comments:

Post a Comment